Randall Walker has more than 20 year’s business consulting and business development experience. He is head of enterprise and marketing for Enterprise Plus an organisation that delivers Australian Government, NSW Government, and ACT Government business advisory and education programs to assist small business owners and entrepreneurs. Randall is the Facilitator for the Southern Highlands Key Stakeholders Group and a participant of the Australian Government Local Jobs and Skills Taskforce Illawarra South Coast. He served as the Facilitator for the Regional NSW Taskforce, a collaboration of industry, community, and all tiers of government, focused on Covid-19 economic recovery outcomes.
Randall has a Master of Business Administration (Marketing) from Charles Sturt University. He specialises in stakeholder engagement, strategic marketing, branding & positioning, strategic planning, destination and economic development, entrepreneurship, and hospitality & tourism management. He is passionately committed to businesses and organisations realising their full potential by adopting a customer orientation, delivering product and service quality, valuing staff through training & development opportunities, and embracing an innovative and sustainable approach.
Randall serves on the board of various community not-for-profit organisations. He has previously held industry roles including:
- Chairman of Forum Of Regional Tourism Organisations (FORTO) NSW
- Director Tourism Industry Council (TIC) NSW
- Judge NSW Tourism Awards
- Chairman and CEO of Blue Mountains Lithgow & Oberon Tourism (BMLOT)
- Chairman of Greater Blue Mountains National Landscape (a Tourism Australia and Parks Australia initiative with sixteen iconic landscapes nationally)
- Lecturer Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS), the number one hotel school in Asia Pacific, a part of the global Laureate Hospitality group
He has been a Guest Speaker at industry forums including:
- Choice Hotels Australasia Annual Conference
- Australasian Hotel Industry Conference and Exhibition (AHICE)
Randall has been involved with various projects for three of the World’s largest accommodation brands and worked with many Top 200 Australian companies facilitating teambuilding programs to help foster high performance teams. Clients included Goldman Sachs, UBS, Nokia, Vodafone, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, ANZ, AMP, Westpac, Westfield, and the Australian Government (Department of Defence).
Randall was privileged to receive a Paul Harris Fellow Award (Rotary) for service to tourism.
Career highlights have included:
- Collaborating with Low Carbon Living Australia to roll out a program for destinations to become Low Carbon Living Tourism Destinations
- Through FORTO (a collaboration of all 16 NSW Regional Tourism Organisations) negotiating with successive NSW Governments to boost funding for regional tourism
- Working with clans and elders of six Aboriginal language groups in the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area to develop an Aboriginal Cultural Experience Guide
- Hosting the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Echo Point (Three Sisters) on the 2014 Royal Visit to the Blue Mountains
- The Blue Mountains destination winning a record 8 Gold at the NSW Tourism Awards and 3 Gold at the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards in 2013 after collaborating with Emirates to implement an Industry Development program
- The Blue Mountains being identified in a 2012 NSW Government Report as the number one regional destination in NSW for recognition amongst domestic visitors